6 Key Social Media Takeaways for Advertisers during the Super Bowl
Here are our favorite insights from tracking the top brands mentioned on Twitter during the Super Bowl. You can check out all the data with this snazzy online viewer.
1. David Beckham, a soccer player, actually won the Super Bowl: he (on behalf of H&M) had over 85,000 Twitter Mentions. (Doing something for the ladies definitely paid off!)
2. Doritos was the top brand mentioned, with over 70,000 Tweets.
3. 83% of Twitter activity about advertisers came from only 4 industries: Automotive, Movies & TV, Beverages & CPG.
4. The most hotly contended industry was Automotive; Acura clearly won with over 50,000 mentions.
5. The Coke vs. Pepsi battle waged on, with Coke finishing just ahead of Pepsi with 3,906 more Twitter mentions.
6. Action movies dominated the Movies & TV category, but Avenger crushed all the competition with 3x more mentions.
You can see all this data (plus more!) here, with our live viewer.