We are seeking a highly motivated technical product/program manager with a passion for working with technology to creatively solve business problems and ship software. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, juggle priorities and resources with ease, improvise and adapt to overcome obstacles, and assess risk and make trade-offs to achieve project goals. You will need to think strategically as well as tactically about the technology and business and be able to develop and articulate a strong vision and inspire others to achieve it. This will be a challenging and high visibility role that will have a huge impact on our business as we significantly expand our platform’s capabilities.
- You will work closely with product managers and break down requirements (breakdown business epics into user stories).
- You will get to work in fast paced, continuous delivery agile environments
- You will be Product Owner for 1-2 engineering teams focused on state of the art big data analytics platform
- You will plan, prioritize, accept user stories for engineering teams you work with
- You will participate in long term (strategy), medium term and short term roadmap planning meeting
- You will be an advocate of the user, creatively resolving customer support issues and translating their feedback into product requirements.
- Work closely with User Experience, ensuring they clearly understand customer use cases.
- Meet with business and technical leaders to identify and scope business opportunities, outline potential value, and identify risks and constraints.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the Simply Measured platform services and architecture as well as their roles and boundaries.
- Expertise in areas of skill such as relevant technologies, product management discipline, and industry trends.
- Proficient at working on cross-functional teams in a fast-growing highly-dynamic company
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, articulate trade-offs, mediate opposing viewpoints, and negotiate solutions to ensure successful outcomes across the organization
- Passion for data and reporting plus the ability to think big about how we can use technology to solve our customer’s data and reporting needs
- Expertise in balancing customer requests, business constraints, and technological realities
- Strong ability to move between business and technology and to be equally effective in understanding and representing the needs of both spaces
- Ability to inspire others through conviction and vision
- Ability to formulate and articulate strategy
- Awesome project management, problem solving, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-directed and results-oriented with a strong personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery
- Experience with big data analytics
- Familiarity with different development paradigms, software architecture concepts, and industry most standard methodologies
- Strong domain knowledge in applications, information architecture, data modeling, services, and systems architecture
- Expertise in logical and physical data modeling as well as assessing business rules
- Experience with Web Services (REST), Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud Computing, Lambda architecture and other modern technology concepts and methodologies
- 3+ years of professional experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 1+ years in a program/product management role preferably in the enterprise or B2B software
- A BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline is a plus.