10 Tips For Crafting the Perfect Tweet
If you’re a data-driven community manager, you know better than anyone how much thought goes into each Tweet. As your audience grows, social media initiatives become more integrated with marketing, and a microscope is placed on the value you’re driving with social, you can’t afford to be careless with the content you publish.
To get a better understanding of the specific aspects that make a Tweet successful, we looked at the data from the 100 top brands analyzed for our Twitter Marketing Study, and compiled these key traits from their top Tweets.
10 Tips for Crafting the Perfect Tweet
These ten tips are based off an analysis of over 129,300 Tweets from the Interbrand 100 top global brands. While best practices will be specific to your individual brand, these tactics performed the best for these 100 leading brands, and can be used to test your own success on Twitter.
1. Use Hashtags & Links Together: Tweets with hashtags AND links outperform Tweets with just one or another.
3. Tweet Longer: Tweets with under 60 characters see 1/3 the engagement of longer Tweets. Brand Tweets that use more than 120 characters perform best.
4. Clear CTAs: Tweets containing the word “click” average 35% more engagement than the brand average.
7. Use Pictures: Tweets with images average 2X the engagement of Tweets without images.
9. Share links with photos: Links with embedded photos perform 29% better than plain text Tweets with links.
When testing these components with your own account, it’s important to measure the success and optimize based on your own personal results. Click the link below to learn how Simply Measured’s full package of Twitter measurement tools can help you understand your content.
As the Head of Marketing Communications at Simply Measured and generally delightful person, my job is to use data to tell stories to the internet that help the internet get better at telling stories...You're welcome internet.