16 Data-Driven Reasons We’re Thankful This Thanksgiving
It’s that time of year again! Turkey Tweets start trending, pumpkin pie recipes out-Pin wedding photos, Black Friday campaigns fill your news feed, and we all reflect on what we’re thankful for. I’m incredibly grateful to all the people that support Simply Measured – we have amazing customers, an engaged community, and a passionate team. As the CEO of Simply Measured, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Here are just a few, in traditional stat-rich, data-driven fashion:
1. 4,000+ serious marketers from 600+ brands and agencies who choose Simply Measured as your social media analytics partner. Thank you for supporting our business, giving us feedback, and making us the market leader.
2. CMOs who are increasing social media spend from 6.6% to 15.8% of marketing budgets in the next 5 years. Thank you for the opportunity to keep building our business.
3. 80,000+ users of our free tools. Thank you for being part of our community. You don’t need to pay us to earn our love 🙂
4. Marketers who allocate 21% of budget to analytics. Thank you for being data-driven, data hungry, data geeks like us.
5. The $2.7B dollars going to social spend in 2013 and the nearly $5B coming by 2016. Thank you for making our market crazy dynamic, exciting, and challenging.
6. Over 120,000 followers, fans, blog readers, email subscribers, and advocates of Simply Measured. Thank you for making it exciting to jump out of bed in the morning and check our feeds.
7. 2.5 Billion users of social networks worldwide. Thanks for being (mostly anonymous) data points!
8. This trendline. Thank you for going up and to the right!
9. 7 major social networks that we measure – Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+. Thank you for keeping the data flowing. We’re proud to be a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, Twitter Certified Product, Tumblr A-List Partner, and API developer on your platforms. We are preemptively thankful to Pinterest when the time is right for their API.
10. The Snapchat founders for turning down $3B. Thank you for thinking big.
11. Our fast-growing team of 88 employees. Thank you for doing more good than most 8,888 person companies, bringing your passion, and making my job fun.
12. Our partners and vendors that help make our reports possible or accessible: Gnip, Alchemy, ExactTarget, Bitly, Klout, Rackspace, Google Analytics. Thank you for your data, your marketplaces, your platforms, your tools, and your support.
13. The 50+ Press outlets and blogs that covered us this year. Thank you for helping the world understand social media analytics and discover Simply Measured.
14. The 22.9K people who’ve interacted with us on Twitter in 2013. We love hearing from you! Keep the thoughts, shares, and feedback coming.
16. The 35% of Interbrand 100 Companies who use Simply Measured to drive value for their social programs.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the entire Simply Measured family.
Adam is the Co-Founder and VP of Strategy at Simply Measured. In 2010 (aka the dark ages of social marketing), Adam joined Damon Cortesi and Aviel Ginzburg to found "Untitled Startup, Inc" with the goal of helping marketers and analysts use social data to do their best work. The company quickly evolved to become Simply Measured and the trusted leader in social analytics. Outside of Simply Measured, Adam is a golfer, breakfast enthusiast, and long-time data geek.