Success Is Customers Shouting About You from the Rooftops
We’re thrilled to announce that Vic Davis is joining Simply Measured as Vice President of Customer Success.
We sat down with Vic to learn more about him, his commitment to helping customers succeed, and his observations at Simply Measured so far.
Where were you pre-Simply Measured?
I come to Simply Measured from Salesforce, where I was a Vice President in the Customer Success Group, responsible for designing and implementing new customer success products and services to meet the challenges of the company’s rapid growth. Prior to Salesforce, I held professional services and customer success leadership positions with ExactTarget, Alvarez & Marsal Business Consulting, and Hitachi Consulting, all here in the Seattle area.
Customer success is ensuring your customers realize maximum return, that the solution they purchase actually solves their problem, and that customers achieve previously unimaginable outcomes.
Why do you work in customer success?
The common thread in my twenty-year career is finding win-win partnerships with customers, using my curiosity and desire to solve problems — or my “eager-to-please gene.” Making my customers successful is the single-most rewarding aspect of my professional life.
The Evolution of Customer Success
How have you seen customer success at SaaS companies evolve?
I’ve experienced the evolution of the success paradigm first-hand. Historically, customer success was defined as the steps required to ensure customer renewal, and in the best cases, achieve some revenue growth from the renewal process. Now, customer success is focused on:
- Driving deep customer engagement
- Ensuring consumption and true adoption of purchased solutions to maximize technology investments
- Solving real customer problems through the combination of product and services
- Converting purchasers into advocates through a rewarding customer experience
Renewal and related growth is now the by-product of a high-functioning customer success organization, rather than the exclusively stated goal.
I encourage my teams to set their sights on solutions that are a step or two ahead of where we are today. I continually ask, “If you are confident this solution will work today, how about when we are twice as big? How about five times?” Designing today’s solutions for scale and growth is key to ensuring you keep pace with demands.
What is your vision for customer success at Simply Measured?
Going forward, we will be laser-focused on ensuring our customers are getting the most out of their relationship with Simply Measured. We are building a culture of customer-centricity and strive to become your trusted advisors in a pursuit of social transformation.
What I See Now
What have you noticed during your first days at Simply Measured?
During my first couple of days on the job at Simply Measured, I have made four important observations:
- We have an undying passion for our product and its evolution. Current customers gush over the value of our product, the richness of the data, and ease of use.
- Our product roadmap, with features expected to be released later this year, is nothing short of spectacular. This will enable us to drive even more value for our customers.
- We have a stable of crazy-smart, energetic people that are committed to winning. We will harness this energy across the company to bring a new level of commitment to our customers’ success.
- This company is designing for growth. As evidenced by my hire, and the leadership hires before me, Simply Measured is gearing up for its next major phase of growth. I’ve found an openness to new ways of thinking, a desire to execute in different ways, and an ardent expectation that these changes will lead the company to new heights.
If you have any comments and questions for Vic, or wish to provide words of wisdom as he embarks on his new adventure with Simply Measured, don’t hesitate to send him an email (email@example.com). You can also find Vic on Instagram and Twitter at @vicdavis1.
I’m the Head of Marketing Communications here at Simply Measured, where I'm responsible for our content program, social media marketing, PR, and comarketing ventures. I love yoga, The X-Files, peaty scotch, hiking, and poetry. If I were a social media channel, I’d want to be Instagram, but I think I’m Twitter.