Top Super Bowl Ads by The Tweets
6 Key Social Media Takeaways for Advertisers during the Super Bowl
Here are our favorite insights from tracking the top brands mentioned on Twitter during the Super Bowl. You can check out all the data with this snazzy online viewer.
1. David Beckham, a soccer player, actually won the Super Bowl: he (on behalf of H&M) had over 85,000 Twitter Mentions. (Doing something for the ladies definitely paid off!)
2. Doritos was the top brand mentioned, with over 70,000 Tweets.
3. 83% of Twitter activity about advertisers came from only 4 industries: Automotive, Movies & TV, Beverages & CPG.
4. The most hotly contended industry was Automotive; Acura clearly won with over 50,000 mentions.
5. The Coke vs. Pepsi battle waged on, with Coke finishing just ahead of Pepsi with 3,906 more Twitter mentions.
6. Action movies dominated the Movies & TV category, but Avenger crushed all the competition with 3x more mentions.
You can see all this data (plus more!) here, with our live viewer.
Adam is the Co-Founder and VP of Strategy at Simply Measured. In 2010 (aka the dark ages of social marketing), Adam joined Damon Cortesi and Aviel Ginzburg to found "Untitled Startup, Inc" with the goal of helping marketers and analysts use social data to do their best work. The company quickly evolved to become Simply Measured and the trusted leader in social analytics. Outside of Simply Measured, Adam is a golfer, breakfast enthusiast, and long-time data geek.