Video Sharing on Facebook Increases 43% Among Top Brands
Links and photos are the most successful content types for the top 100 global brands, when it comes to driving engagement on Facebook, but Facebook videos are an incredibly promising and viral-tending content type:
Shares of Facebook videos increased by 43% in the first three months of 2015.
In our new 2015 Facebook Industry Report, we found that overall engagement on videos went up 8% during Q1 2015 while the number of videos posted by the Interbrand 100 only increased by 2%. The bulk of that engagement increase came from a 43% increase in shares.
Other content marketing knowledge nuggets from our hot-off-the-presses 2015 Facebook Industry Report include:
- Videos were the only content type that the Interbrand 100 increased use of in Q1 2015
- Engagement on photos increased by 6%, with the bulk of that increase coming from a 53% increase in shares
- Engagement on status updates went down a whopping 72%, which is largely due to brands posting fewer status updates—40% less than the previous quarter
Takeaway: Links and photos dominate when it comes to overall engagement, but video and photos are the post types to keep an eye on if you want your content to spread more widely on Facebook.
Top brands are investing less in status updates and yielding less engagement from this type of post.
Download the Full 2015 Facebook Industry Report Below
This report includes vertical breakdowns for the media, alcohol, technology, automotive, retail, electronics, luxury, financial services, transportation, restaurants, FMCG, diversified, and apparel industries. You’ll learn:
- How activity is trending for brands in your industry
- Which tactics and content types work best in your industry
- Which engagement trends you should watch out for
I’m the Head of Marketing Communications here at Simply Measured, where I'm responsible for our content program, social media marketing, PR, and comarketing ventures. I love yoga, The X-Files, peaty scotch, hiking, and poetry. If I were a social media channel, I’d want to be Instagram, but I think I’m Twitter.