What Your Social Media Holiday Plan Might Be Missing
We just wrapped up our How to Plan and Measure Your Holiday Campaign on Social webinar. It covered various ways you can use listening and social attribution to build a solid social campaign for the holidays, and also got real specific about what successful holiday campaign goal-setting and planning looks like, down to the nuts, bolts, and creative briefs.
Our webinar ended with a robust Q&A, thanks to our highly engaged audience (if that included you, THANK YOU!). Check out the recording here:
Are you planning a holiday social campaign, or about to deploy one? Here’s what you might be missing.
1. Making Your Goals S.M.A.R.T
Simply Measured’s Brand Marketing Manager Jade Furubayashi touched on the importance of goal-setting for successful holiday campaigns. She suggests using the S.M.A.R.T. framework to ensure smooth sailing for your holiday campaigns. This means making your goals:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating)
- Achievable (agreed, attainable)
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
- Time-bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)
For instance, these were Jade’s goals for her own holiday campaign:
2. Making Sure Your Goals Are Analysis-Friendly
A goal means nothing if you have no way of knowing whether you’re reaching it or not.
This was one of Jade’s top tips for successful holiday campaign planning.
3. Tying Your Results to Revenue
A big theme in the webinar: Social marketers can’t hang their hats on engagement as a primary indicator of success any longer, especially when they’re devoting heavy-duty resources to a holiday campaign. Social marketers should be able to attribute business results to what they’ve done on social. This means:
- Optimizing as you go along to improve and speed up the path to purchase
- Identifying primary drivers of business value, like form fills, downloads, trials, influencer partnerships, etc.
- Presenting your performance in dollars and cents to the rest of your marketing organization
Want some more insight into implementing effective social marketing plans at your organization? Download the guide below. Also recommended: scroll up to take a good, hard listen to the Q&A session in the recording. You’ll find nuggets of social marketing wisdom you simply can’t access anywhere else.
Get everything you need to analyze the metrics that matter
2016 Social Marketing Planning GuideDownload
I’m the Head of Marketing Communications here at Simply Measured, where I'm responsible for our content program, social media marketing, PR, and comarketing ventures. I love yoga, The X-Files, peaty scotch, hiking, and poetry. If I were a social media channel, I’d want to be Instagram, but I think I’m Twitter.