Simply Measured is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our fast growing team! As our Accounting Manager, you will play a key role within our Finance Team, working closely with all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be an organizational super star, have strong analytical skills, and also be personable, perseverant, and excited about what we are building.
- Primary owner of the month end accounting process
- Process daily, semimonthly, and monthly journal entries as needed for banking, payroll, benefits, fixed assets, and prepaid expenses
- Assist with calculation of sales staff commissions
- Backup for other accounting tasks as needed
- Maintain schedules of reconciliations for assets, liabilities, tax liability, accruals and others as required to support the financial statements
- Analyze and investigate financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Preparation of reports to support bank covenants
- Identify opportunities to improve broad, cross-functional business processes and related systems, assist implementation efforts as required
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are followed, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Periodic reporting to tax authorities:State, City, County.
- Audit (financial and benefits) preparation.
- Work with IT to set up and manage a fixed assets tracking process.
- Work closely with the Controller on monthly close deadlines and G/L supporting documentation.
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- Strong Excel skills, with interest and aptitude to work with large amounts of data
- Experience participating in a monthly accounting system close process.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills. Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations, understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Solid organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good foundation in financial reporting and GAAP accounting
- Resourceful, organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with NetSuite; SalesForce