Simply Measured is looking for a talented and passionate Lead UI/UX Designer to join our R&D team. In this role, you will have ownership of the UX vision, lead the creation of user interface designs, conduct usability testing, and create specifications as well as the visual design language. You will also have a significant impact on our business and product direction as you lead the design direction for our new web-based analytics product. You will work hand-in-hand with engineers, product owners and other designers, leading design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle, focusing on every aspect of the user experience of our product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about data, reporting & analytics and building simple and elegant customer-centric solutions. This UI/UX designer has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality products in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
- Work within a cross functional team to define new features & user experiences.
- Evangelize and champion UX needs in order to ensure that they are prioritized in the product roadmap.
- Be the voice of the user throughout the design process.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management and customer facing teams to design & prototype product experiences that solve customer needs.
- Employ data visualization techniques to help users explore and understand complex data sets.
- Acquire user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) to inform your designs.
- Communicate design decisions using sketches, personas, information architecture maps, interaction flows, user scenarios, wireframes, storyboards, mockups (high and low res) and prototypes.
- Imagine new ways that users can use Simply Measured to accomplish their reporting & analytics needs.
- Degree in a Design, human factors, UX or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating creativity, problem solving, data visualization, and design competence.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as user experience designer or interaction designer.
- Possesses excellent strategic, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex user flows in web applications using a variety of tools.
- Fluency with user interface patterns for web-based products.
- Experience working in a tight design cycle and collaborating with the development team for design implementation.
- Able to react to feedback and iterate quickly with requirements that may not be well-defined.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Experience working with software developers in a fast-paced environment.