Lead projects with responsibility for the design, development, and architecture of data processing engine and distributed, scalable, mission-critical realtime applications. Provide solutions to large, complex problems related to the processing of billions of records from various forms of social media through ETL, analytics, reporting and large-scale data crunching. Develop and run profiling and performance tools. Mentor junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, or a related field. Five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate technical project leadership experience focused on large data backend systems from inception to production; including:
- 5 years designing, developing, and architecting distributed, scalable, mission-critical realtime applications:
- 5 years utilizing object oriented programming languages such as Java or C#;
- 2 years of experience with ETL, analytics, reporting, and large-scale data crunching;
- 5 years of experience with SOAs;
- 5 years of experience building fault tolerant systems;
- 5 years of experience developing and running profiling and performance tools;
- 5 years of experience testing distributed applications;
- 5 years utilizing IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse; and
- 2 years of experience with NoSQL and SQL data stores and modeling.
- Experience may be gained concurrently.
LOCATION: 40 hours/week in Seattle, WA.