Interested in gaining marketing experience managing social media at one of Seattle’s top startups? Want an internship where you’ll be able to own your own projects, get your hands dirty, and learn a ton?
Great, because we’re looking for you, too. Simply Measured is seeking a data-driven social media Intern to make an immediate impact on our brand. No coffee or laundromat runs for you. You will be responsible for developing social media campaigns, driving our brand’s development on emerging channels, and managing our existing social media presence.
You’ll gain a lot of experience as a Simply Measured intern, and have fun doing it. Simply Measured is a winner of the Geekwire Startup of the Year and has been crowned one of Seattle’s Best Places to Work by Seattle Met.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Simply Measured’s presence on social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) by posting content and monitoring activity
- Experiment with and measure the impact of Instagram Stories and Facebook Live
- Create and execute upon a daily / weekly / monthly social media calendar across all channels
- Drive social media campaign planning and execution, working in close conjunction with Sr. Content Marketing Manager
- Set your own *business-minded* goals and work towards them
- Measure your results and report on a quarterly basis
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree and entering Junior / Senior year
- Prior experience, preferably in marketing or communications field
- Thorough understanding of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Slack, etc.)
- Punctual and timely; ability to work effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Lives in Seattle, WA
- Available to work up to 24 hours a week in-house with flexibility for isolated events
Our perfect candidate:
- Prior experience in social media marketing
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environment
- A proactive self-starter who’s ready to jump in!
- Familiar with social media tools including Simply Measured, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.
This is a paid internship beginning on late March/early Apriil and ending on September 29, 2017. College credit available, as well.